Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 19/Day 20


So the picture for day 19 and 20 is the same. This is the new devotion that I have been doing. When Cait was here this past weekend she brought it to me. If you don't have a devotion that you are doing I would highly recommend this one.  Today's devotion was like God was sitting right next to me and encouraging me with his words. As Matt and I get closer to the wedding things are becoming difficult. More decisions are needing to be made and changes are happening as we move away from being in our parents home to building our lives together. One line of my devotion said, "Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of life." This was so encouraging to me that when I read it I immediately called Matt knowing he would also be encouraged. Sometimes as we are working crazy hours with little sleep, studying or doing clinicals or student teaching, painting furniture, or addressing envelopes it all seems that its too much. However, after reading today God didn't promise that the path he chose was going to be easy and pretty all the time. The working crazy hours isn't easy but knowing as we stand up and say our vows that we paid for our wedding with hard work will be worth it. Studying, clinicals, and student teaching can be exhausting but will be so worth knowing that we are in careers that God created us for. So from now on when it gets to be overwhelming on this journey from Miss to Mrs. I am going to remember that as long as Matt and I are on the path God has laid before us that we are going to make it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment